|We have two main categories of chain:
- The circular chains and the regular chains.
- The circular chain has a fixed diameter and more chain links on the external diameter. This makes it most suitable for descaling pipes.
- The regular chains have between one and three independent chains which make up the chain. These can be adjusted and are most suitable for removing blockages.
- Having said this, either chain will descale and unblock blockages, but the time it takes to achieve the task will vary depending on which chain you choose.
|Chains with hard metal bits and chains without hard metal bits
- The chains without hard metal bits are suitable for PVC pipes while the chains with hard metal bits are meant for cast iron, vitrified clay, copper, ceramic or galvanised steel pipes.
- When you come across solid obstructions like cement, stones, wood or you have thick roots in your pipe work, you might want to change up your chains for a drill head. This tool's main purpose is for cutting through tough obstacles.
- In the pipe relining trade, many clients use the larger drill heads for reinstatement of junctions and grinding up failed liner.